Ljubljana, Slovenia, February 18th 2016
Download press release here 160216 press release ECHAlliance Coral
ECHAlliance and Coral announce more and deeper collaboration in 2016
The purpose of both the ECHAlliance and Coral is about the implementation and scaling up of smart solutions for active and healthy ageing. We are international networks connecting all stakeholders involved with deployment of smart tools and services for independent living and integrated care. Coral and ECHAlliance are connecting the regions in Europe and mobilize them to collaborate in the international domain. Key for both networks is the development of ‘multi stakeholder learning ecosystems’ in the regions to work on implementation and scaling up in a process of learning by doing. Experience learns that complex and dynamic challenges – like the paradigm shift needed for serious scaling up – asks for new models of collaboration. Policy makers, researchers, entrepreneurs, care professionals, citizens teachers and politicians join forces in this social innovation process to create real social and economic impact.
ECHAlliance and Coral decided to expand and deepen their already existing collaboration for reasons of mutual benefit and to create even greater impact. Both networks have a common purpose and vision but are complementary in terms of networks and focus. Together we represent better demand and supply side.
Concrete action in 2016:
- Ongoing – Connecting partners and stakeholders within the existing ecosystems, to be more efficient and have more impact. Coral and ECHAlliance partners in member regions are encouraged to join forces and co organise activities and events to create more and better social and economic impact.
- February 18th sees the launch of the Slovenian Ecosystem, in Ljubljana. The Slovenian Ecosystem becomes the latest member of the ECHAlliance International Connected Health Permanent Ecosystem Network. This launch is given shape by ECHAlliance and Coral stakeholders together with key stakeholders such as http://www.healthday.si
- February 23rd at the Digital Health & Wellness Summit @ Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, we offer a joint session titled ‘Dementia – Collaboration of Regional Ecosystems & Impact Investing in a Smart Health Deal for Dementia Support@Home’ https://echalliance.com/events/64, aims to create a breakthrough in the scaling up of services for early dementia.
- Call for Reference Sites of the European Innovation Partnership for Active and Healthy Ageing, we are mobilizing and supporting all our member regions to apply. We see this as a necessary and logical for the regional ecosystems to be more visible and create better opportunities for learning and scaling: http://www.scale-aha.eu/call-for-reference-sites/
- June 6th -10th at the eHealth Week 2016 – collaboration during the event, at sessions and networking in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The actions above are just the beginning, more collaboration opportunities are under construction and we encourage all our members to take initiatives like Slovenia, with the launch of their ecosystem.
For more information:
ECHAlliance – Brian O’Connor, Chair ECHAlliance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coral – Edwin Mermans, email@example.com