Alot of interesting meetings, workshops and conferences are on the horizon for 2013 and 2014. These provide great opportunities for exchanging information and networking with other partners, who are focusing on developing a more innovative and effective healthcare sector in Europe.
Sharing information about these opportunities for policy officers, experts and politicians was one of the major points on the agenda at the CORAL meeting held on July 2nd.
In the meeting Liverpool was welcomed as a new member of CORAL. The city region, which is the 25th member of the network, has a major programme for health innovation.
Information was shared by Polibienestar in Valencia, which is arranging three workshops in the autumn regarding the involvement of the regions in the AAL Joint Programme. These workshops, financed by the AAL programme with the support of CORAL, AER, Euregha and many individual partner regions, are aimed at policy officers who can influence the way the regions around Europe are procuring innovative health solutions.
There was an update on the ENGAGED project, which aims to build a sustainable learning community related to the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing .
On September 4th 2013, a mutual learning workshop on innovative procurement will take place in Puglia, Southern Italy. CORAL partners with relevant experts, who are interested in participating in this workshop, should show their interest now. All T&A expenses are covered.
An update on CORAL’s contribution to the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP AHA) was given during the meeting.
The development of the Reference Sites and the EIP AHA Marketplace – which is waiting for a relaunch – is greatly anticipated.
Upcoming conferences, seminars and workshops:
- Mutual learning workshop on innovative procurement in Puglia, September 3-4th 2013
- AAL Forum 2013 in Sweden including CORAL high-level event with ministers
- Open days on October 8-11th in Brussels
- AAL Joint Programme workshops organised by Polibienestar, Valencia.
- Hospital + Innovation Congress & exhibition. The congress
will take place on 30th September – 1st October 2013 in Odense, Denmark.
- CASA study visit to Gent, Flanders, October 9-11th 2013
- CASA study visit to Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giuli, December 11-13th 2013
- Arctic Light E-health Conference, February 4-5th 2014 in Kiruna, Sweden
- Health Cluster Europe series of roundtables and events related to CASA.